2017 was a year of hurt and healing. There were successes, and some of my biggest failures learning experiences yet. I won’t recap on it all but I will leave these:
Things I’m leaving in 2017:
– romanticizing abusive relationships
– apologizing for taking up “extra space”, especially to men.
– letting others invalidate my trauma, my feelings, or how I heal
– self loathing
– negative “friends”
Things I’m being into 2018:
– self love and respect
– healthy hobbies and coping mechanisms
– an open mind, heart, and arms
I want to focus on me. I started back in September of 2017 when I finally sat down with a therapist I *clicked* with. I’ve accepted my diagnosis and I’m working on treating them. But I still have a long way to go.
I’m on the hunt for a job I enjoy, and people I want to be around who support me.
I’m on a mission to let last years mistakes be building blocks for this year.
What about you?